Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download did not work

N/A

I tried the link at the time and I was unable to download it.
I am also the IT administrator at our school.
We contacted via the asia-pacific link about pricing for our school but have not received any information. We used to use SolidEdge here until Siemens took it over and the pricing tripled. We would be interested in looking into it again if someone would contact us back.

Thanks

Warwick

6 REPLIES

Re: Download did not work

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Hi Warwick,

Where abouts geographically are you?

Also, see this from another post....
>>>>>
I believe there is a simple solution. The Solid Edge Student Edition is not locked to the individual workstation. Therefore, the teacher can copy the software download file and the license file to each workstation at the school, and install the software on each workstation at the school.
As long as the use of the Solid Edge Student Edition software is for academic activities, it is perfectly legal to copy the software download file and install it on multiple machines.
Regards,

Bill McClure
Siemens PLM Software
Product Development
>>>>>
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
Hi,

Geographically I am in Australia.
As i said I haven't been able to even download the student edition as yet.
If someone was able to contact me however about the academic pricing for the product as well that would be great. I read the earlier post about using the student edition for free on all the pc's. However I would like to be able to give them the option with the support and training materials and so forth that come with the proper version.

If you could let me know at least where to download the free edition from that would be great.

Thanks

Warwick

N/A
Hi,

Geographically I am in Australia.
As i said I haven't been able to even download the student edition as yet.
If someone was able to contact me however about the academic pricing for the product as well that would be great. I read the earlier post about using the student edition for free on all the pc's. However I would like to be able to give them the option with the support and training materials and so forth that come with the proper version.

If you could let me know at least where to download the free edition from that would be great.

Thanks

Warwick

hi Warwick,
Read this and try the link that i have given...
Siemens ask for student registration before downloading. After registration, they send a link to your email id and also SE License.txt as an attachment to the same email. The link provided into email from Siemens is valid for download in 24 hours only : just check that link carefully... it will contain following link as a part of download link...
if you want to download solidedge st4 directly and in more than 24 hours(especially when using low speed internet), then use this link (paste it in browser address bar) :
http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/app/dl/SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe
and don't forget to get valid student license for above copy of st4, by registering yourself on siemens website...
hope you will be able to download st4 now...

N/A
Thanks for that.
That link now works.
The previous link in my email did not however I still have the license.

N/A
Thanks for that.
That link now works.

You can Use that license... there are only 3 files which confirms whether solidedge st4 is student edition or its commercial edition....
these files are :

1) your license file
2) by default file in location : C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST4\Program\JUtil.dll
3) by default file in location : C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST4\Program\AddInlm.dll
its "add in Lm"

Re: Download did not work : GET YOUR ST4 SETUP DVD

N/A
Thanks for that.
That link now works.

YOU CAN GET YOUR PERSONAL AUTO RUNNING DVD FOR SOLIDEDGE ST4 SETUP

FOR THIS, Convert your SETUP FILE "SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe" file into CDROM folder.

CONFUSED?? HOW??? READ BELOW :

First of all, Install WINRAR on your pc. (TRIAL OR FULL VERSION ANYONE)
and make sure that you have windows installer 4.5 for winxp sp3 or 5.0 for win7. (google it to get download location)

then right click on your downloaded st4 setup file i.e. SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe

from context menu select " extract to SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit\ "

note down the location in next winrar window and click ok

you will get a folder named CDROM at SAME location where you have stored your .exe setup file .... open CDROM folder and click on autostart.exe to launch setup...

and more than that : you can copy all those files and folders (located inside CDROM folder) directly to DVD disc by normal burn process....

Insert that DVD in any computer and open it and select autostart.exe to lauch st4 setup from your dvd....

no problem arises about license ...

So get your personalized SolidEdge ST4 Setup DVD soon....