Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download wont launch...

N/A

I had to upgrade because solid edge wont run on windows xp...now the download wont launch, my have gone past the 24 hr. window, what do I do now??

14 REPLIES

Re: Download wont launch...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Hi there,
I would just sign up again (same details as before)....that should do it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy NoteII using Tapatalk 2.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
I signed up again...its been two days now and I havnt heard anything, how long does it usually take?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
That's odd, I would expect it usually only to take a few minutes, maximum...... :confused:
Direct download link here...> http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/app/dl/SolidEdgeV105ENGLISH_32Bit.exe
NOTE: You will still need your license file contained in the original email, and also to follow the instructions for installing the file correctly.
Enjoy!
Sean Cresswell

N/A
Still having problems...when I open the license utility it says Solid Edge is currently in use and I need to close it. Its not in use because I need to activate the license in order to use it. Now what? I really appreciate your help.

N/A
I am using Windows 8

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Hiya,
Solid Edge is not yet certified for Win8, but that doesn't mean it won't run...but it is probably something to do wiyh the UAC settings.
This can however be bypassed all together by copying/pasting the "SELicense" file into the Solid Edge install directory "Program" folder.
See if that works...

Sean Cresswell
-
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy NoteII using Tapatalk 2.
-
Sean Cresswell

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Solid Edge is not yet supported on Windows 8 and per development there are issues with running SE on it and it won't be supported with the current versions.
License issue is most likely due to UAC being on and the Program Files area being "read only" to you which is why you get the message about the file being in use.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019

N/A
That's just great.......I just spent a lot of money upgrading my operating system to run S E and now you tell me it wont work....I copied the SELience file into the program folder and it still says "license file in use please exit your SolideEdge session"

N/A
I also get a message saying "SIGN= keyword required but missing from license certificate. This is probably because the license is older than the application" Is there any way to get a new license?