Solved! Go to solution

Downloaded ST7 but need SEadmin program

Hello,

I downloaded ST7 yesterday and got it running, but sometimes I get a message saying Options.xml does not have settings for ST7.  I'm pretty sure I just need to run SEadmin and resave the file to update it, but I can't find SEadmin.  Usually it's on the DVD but that doesn't seem to be the case with the download.  I looked on GTAC for the file, but didn't find it.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
9 REPLIES

Re: Downloaded ST7 but need SEadmin program

Attached is the message regarding Options.xml

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Hello Kyle,

Are you sure the SEAdmin application is not on the DVD? Please see the attached screenshot. I simply copied this file to my local Solid Edge program folder and continued as I have done in the past.

Regards,

Theodore

Hello,

I downloaded ST7 and do not yet have the DVD.  I'm trying to locate it online or somewhere else.  The downloaded ST7 is an executable that basically comes up with the splash screen you see when installing the DVD.  As you mentioned, there are other files on the DVD, but I'm not sure how to get to them with a downloaded version.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Hello Kyle,

I don't have the DVD either. I have used WinRAR to unzip the downloaded ST7 executable file which could then be browsed for these additional tools.

Regards,

Theodore

Kyle,

I ran the exe and it unpacked everything to a temp folder:

C:\Users\bkliment\AppData\Local\Temp\7zSB3FC.tmp\DVD\Solid Edge\SptTools

Then I copied the "DVD" folder to a network drive so I wouldn't have to run the EXE again to get a specific file.

Hello,

I dug through my temp file and also searched for various strings that would lead me to the file but had no luck.  I'm wondering if someone could post the seadmin file.  I'm also assuming that I need the seadmin file from the ST7 disk.  I've got the ST6 disk.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Hello Kyle,

Not a problem, please see the attached ST7 SEAdmin file. Exe extensions are not allowed so I had to zip it for you.

Regards,

Theodore

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author kjoiner
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Kyle,

You have to leave the EXE running because it will delete the temp folder when you exit it. If you hover over a selectable item in the Exe, it will show you the path to the temp location at the bottom.

[cid:image001.png@01CFCDA1.20BA6930]

Thanks

[cid:9f9f82.png@b9bd49d3.4ca918f7]

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

Thanks Theodore!

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1