Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft Issue

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

A new issue has presented itself and Im not sure what is going on.  When in Draft mode, clicking on dimension tools, or the Prefix tool is giving me issue.  When I click on it, it makes Solid Edge "Not responding" for about 30 seconds and then its fine.  It is killing my productivity.

I have the latest MP (Version 4).  I have the latest updates for windows, graphics card.  I am running this on a Core i7 with 16gb of ram and a K1100m graphics card.  Its been running fine?  I have restarted a few times to only get the same issue.  

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Draft Issue

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Any big Windows updates lately? There were Fall Creators Update issue months ago that caused lagging. What Win10 build number? If you are on Win10.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi there @lifofadrafter,

Hmmm, no real clue as to an answer......BUT, do you have your installation with all standard locations? I'm kinda thinking it might be related to accessing the Preferences folder, or something like that.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP5] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Capture.JPG

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No, they are going to my local dropbox folder

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I fixed my issue "I think".  I went through the "Settings & Preferences Wizard" and "Restored settings back to factory defaults.  I then went back and manually changed my settings.  I didnt want to copy the settings and restore them before you say that.  I wanted to ensure I didnt copy whatever was causing the issue.  It seems top be running correctly again

Excellent news!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP5] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000