Draft Parts List not Listing Frame Elements but listing Assy Title Instead

[ Edited ]

As Title,

ST8 MP1,

Frame Elements (Pipe) are showing as the Assembly title.

See screenshot, i have put a support request in but though someone might have seen this and know whai need to change to get this correct.  I am using a existing part list from saved settings (reports).

EDIT:  Seems to be a Error when top level list option is selected only, Atomic corrects this, but it was not like this on previous versions.

Thanks

Chris

ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02
3 REPLIES

Re: Draft Parts List not Listing Frame Elements but listing Assy Title Instead

[ Edited ]

It could be as simple as that the title field was changed or the file used to be that and it was saved as something else but the title stayed the same. It my experience title won't automatically update. It only updates to reflect the filename when it's empty. Open the assembly, clear the text in the title field and save the assembly. It may update with the filename if that's even what you want. Or modify it yourself to what you want.

I'd say (with some reservation) that most don't use "title" for the description field in BOMs but use a custom "description" field or some such.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

The Title Field is as set in STD parts so cannot be changed in property manager, i would need to go into the SP Admin for this. 

The Problem is in the Parts List Command, it is not Automatically expanding frame elements whether Top Level, Atomic or Exploded is selected from the STD or saved templates.

These do then not show in the Parts list but shows the Assembly title instead.  When you do change this manually you then loose Item number 1 and your list starts at 2.

All 3 companies i have worked with use Title for description. It is easier to expose than a custom field. 

ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02

I haven't used frames in years. As for using the Title property I don't really know why our VAR recommended against using it. But I don't understand this statement:

"All 3 companies i have worked with use Title for description. It is easier to expose than a custom field."

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200