Solved! Go to solution

Draft - Quantity x Mass

Is it possible to use the property Mass in a formula in which it calculate the total mass if i define the quantity?

e.g. one part weight is 300 gr but in the assembly there is one more instance.

What i want is to create a field with the value of 600 gr (2 x 300)

Regards!

10 REPLIES

Re: Draft - Quantity x Mass

[ Edited ]

Seems to me there is more than one way and the best probably depends on what you're trying to do.

You can set up a variable in the variable table with the formula (qty * mass) and change the quantity as needed. Not sure if you can assign the quantity somehow so it's automatic.

You can use occurence properties and set a user defined quantity for the item(s) in question which will show the total weight using that multiplier and you can assign it to be used as assembly weight (see attached).

I imagine someone will chime in with another or better method.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi,

You can define a part quantity in the assembly itself.

So - if this the right way to do or not, could be discussed within another thread - hav ea look into properties of occurences in an assembly and there You can define a user definede qunatity for every part which is there.

The SE bom then calucates everthing automatically.

I personnaly prefer to model everthing correctly using patterns and so on.

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

All the solutions are possible but its not an assembly is a single part and the customer wants to indicate the number of occurences that have to be built and also the total weight.

Regards

Then you should be able to use a formula like (qty * mass). qty itself could be a another variable but may not offer any advantage except it's slightly easier to change the value in the variable table.

Bruce Shand

Still unable to retrieve the total value.

Regards

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author h_godinho
‎09-03-2015 11:18 AM

[ Edited ]

I guess I don't know what you're trying to do or how you wish to present the total weight on a draft or whatevere.

Edit: I should have change the units for totalweight to mass...

Bruce Shand

Thanks for the help, just managed to follow the steps you said and the image helped a lot!

Regards

A macro is available for creating custom tables.

Here's a preview:

The macro is not free though.

The table columns are customizable and the video above shows just one sample usage.

See other example (this one is free).

This program will soon be available on the MarketPlace.

Send me a PM:

Tushar.Suradkar@GMail.com

My other free macros are still all available and I will keep streaming more.

~Tushar Suradkar

www.CADVertex.com

[ Edited ]

The properties you require are already available in parts lists

Parts List Properties > Columns then select a property to add from the Properties list

Mass (Item) will show just the mass of one instance

Mass (Quantity) will show the total of all those items ie. Mass(item) x Quantity

Edit: sorry didn't read the 4th post correctly - this doesn't do what you want for a single part on a drawing.

I think this question has been asked many times before, and I can never understand why anyone would put quantities required on a part drawing.

What if you use it 5 times on one job, and 7 times on another?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.