Draft Sheet Number Location

Genius
Genius

Hi,

We are wanting to have sheet numbers on our draft pages. We will be using a template (macro) that will bring in the models and add draft sheets as needed.

These pages will be printed to go in a book so we want the first sheet to have the page number on the left side and then the second page to have the number on the right side. Is there a way to do this automaticually as we have hundreds of pages.

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9
11 REPLIES

Re: Draft Sheet Number Location

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hi Mervin,

You can place a callout in the desired location on the sheet using the property text tool to link the sheet number text to the sheet number in the draft file.  The linked sheet number text will look like this - "%{Sheet number}".

Look for the property text button in the callout properties dialogue box just above the "all around" symbol check box.

If you place this property text in your template, SE will automatically put the correct sheet number  whereever you position the callout on your drawing.  I have my templates set to show the page number and total number of pages like this:  "%{Sheet number} OF %{Number of Sheets}"

I hope this helps.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Genius
Genius
Kyle, thank you for your reply,

I got that but we want to put it up like a book to where the first page number is on the left hand corner and then the second page is on right hand corner.

Mervin D Yoder
CAD | Designing
Millwork Specialty
Phone: 330.893.1386 direct
merviny@keimlumber.com
www.keimlumber.com

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Mervin,

Are your 1st sheets and subsequent sheets different?  In my setup, I have a 1st sheet border that has all of the title block information along with other details.  I have a second sheet border that is used for sheet 2 and beyond.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Genius
Genius

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You mean something like this....???

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Genius
Genius

Sean,

that would be perfect, but we are using like a macro to bring the models in on the draft so it will insert pages itself, it only uses background 1 as its template and we would want it to use background 1 and then for the second page use background 2, keep in mind its doing this all with a macro that is set up, seems like there needs to be some script to tell it to switch back and fourth the background sheets.

see clip

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mervin,

Nice macro!

.....personally, I've never used macro's much, as I like the idea of making OOTB "Vanilla" Solid Edge do what I need to do, or likewise, work in a method that the tools available allow.

I'm sure you'll find the answer, albeit buried inside the "Matrix"....for those that can, & want to, read that. Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Mervin,

If it is a macro that is required or an existing one that needs to be tweaked, I'd suggest to take this up in the Dev Forum, possibly sharing the part of the macro that you think needs to be modified.

Regards,

Tushar Suradkar

http://surfandcode.blogspot.in

Experimenter
Experimenter

A simple approache might be to center the page number, or put it in both the lower left AND right corners. You would then have only one layout, a single source of information.