Solved! Go to solution

Draft (Template Locking Views)

Hi,

We have templates setup, so we go in the assembly change the size and update the draft, after updating the draft it seems we need to spend some time cleaning up, if we lock the views which seems should take care of it but the parts still seem to move.

Any suggestions ?

see clip.

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9
4 REPLIES

Re: Draft (Template Locking Views)

How are you placing the views of the parts?

1. From the part file directly?
  2. From the assembly as a configuration?
  3. As Assembly Part Views (new in ST7)?

If #2, then I would expect them to move no matter what.  #1 or #3 I would not expect them to move at all.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Grundey,

I would say like #1 and #3

see clip.

ST7 MP10

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9

And are you trimming the parts using Assembly Features or Assembly Driven Part Features?  In the second view you placed of the moulding, when you defined a user defined view, we saw more in that file than just the half round piece of moulding, it looked like the riser was in there too.  What was that?  May be the reason that the view is shifting because it's not the center of the part file and whne you change the overall length of the step, the half round moulding is physically pushed away from the file's center.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Merviny
‎10-21-2015 05:36 AM

Yes we are using an assembly feature cut on the halfround we want strait showing on that page 2 but not see it in the main assembly (this is for machining purposes)

The riser that you were seeing was an inter-part copy

The assembly planes are in the center of the main assembly sketch so yes when we change the length it pushes out each end,

So what I'm feeling is we would need to keep our curved end from moving in the main assembly.

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9