Solved! Go to solution

Draft of Assembly

Hello,

I have this assembly of a simple form die and it is completely assembled, details, nitrogens and all. Now I bring this assembly into SE draft and I cannot figure out how I just show the die set, pins, bushings and nothing else. How can I disable the details so that they do not appear in the draft? I notice if I edit settings there is a button under the display tab that states "filter drawing view display list to display only shown componets". I am not sure what to do after i click it.

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kreider_guy
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Draft of Assembly

[ Edited ]

I would create view configurations in the assembly model first. Each configuration showing exactly what you want to see in the drawing view. Then, when you bring the model into the drawing you select which of the configurations you wish to display and only those parts will show.

Further, you can tie a BOM to your configurations if needed.

Bob Henry

Bob Henry

Manager of Engineering - Highwall Miners
Caterpillar Global Mining LLC
Houston, PA

Thank you, Bob. I will look into your suggestions. Especially interested in BOM. I am new to assemblies. I have been working with sheet metal parts, almost exclusively, for a year.

[ Edited ]

Assembly configurations are very powerful and I use them a lot, especially with complex weldments where I need to show the order of assembly. You will want to try to be consistent in what you call your configurations for future work by you or others.

If you use assembly configurations, open your draft template and go to SE Options. On the General Tab, check the line that says: "Assembly configuration changes make drawing views out-of-date in this draft file" and save the template.

With this checked, any changes made to a configuration while in assembly will force the drawing out of date.

Bob Henry

Manager of Engineering - Highwall Miners
Caterpillar Global Mining LLC
Houston, PA