Draft template file break line setting

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
How do I set parameters for break line settings in a draft template file? Picture shows dialog box to adjust after they are placed, but I would like to set default different. ST9 I would be happy to have an easier dialog box to adjust these in the future. Current way is not user friendly. Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com
9 REPLIES

Re: Draft template file break line setting

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

If I understand your question correctly the following should help

Open your draft template

choose the styles command

choose dimension

then choose the style you use and hit modify

change the break value for projection lines on the Lines & Coordinates tab

Save the file

Next time you create a new drawing using your template, the correct setting will be there

Best Regards
Jon
Technical Manager
Majenta PLM

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I assumed he was talking about view break lines. But I think your logic still applies. Temporarily place a view, add a break, selecting the style you want before hitting "finish". Hit finish, delete the view and save your template. See if it works.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator
Ah, you could be right.
If it is the gap for the view break lines..... If you set a desired gap when placing the first break on any view. Solid Edge seems to remember this setting from then on even without saving the template.
Best Regards
Jon
Technical Manager
Majenta PLM

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, probably not template related at all then.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks,

I will try tomorrow.

Having a serious issue with inhereted break lines.

I tried suggestion in post below, CTRL-Shift update with no success.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/ST9-Break-line-issue-when-opening-S...

Gary

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Suggestion for setting break line parameters in template worked for me.

Added view, added break line and adjusted settings, deleted view and saved template.

Worked as desired when template reopened.

Thank You !!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I just wonder if it's not actually the template but just the last settings used in SE that did it.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Another interesting quirk in the use of break lines is the difference between the inital dialog box when placing break lines and the dialog box when same break lines are later modified.

Symbols in 1st dialog

Symbols is how many jogs are in break line, Doesn't seem to be able to be later modified.

Notice pitch is greyed out in modify settings,

Any idea as to purpose of not having initial dialog settings avaliable when later modified.

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Gary_Dinges, Seems like pitch should be available. Maybe development missed it.

Bruce Shand