Solved! Go to solution

Drafting question

Is there a forceful or concise way to "flip" what direction a dimension leader is facing? Most of the time I can just move the cursor around holding on to the text and get the dimension to appear the way I want. Today I have run into a case where it just will not go where I want. How do I force a dimension text location "flip" from right to left.

The dimension .227, I want facing to the left of the dim line instead of the right.

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author 12GAGE
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Drafting question

[ Edited ]

Have you tried dragging the dimension text with the Shift key pressed.

I was able to flip it to the other side. Also there is another position possible in the middle along the dimension line.

There have been some dramatic new enhancements in ST8 Drafting with new visual handles and I am going through the video to check if this specific behavior too is addressed using the visual dots.

[EDIT]: I think what you are looking for is at 0.55 in this video.

~Tushar

www.SurfAndCode.in

Pls keep the kudo, I accidently clicked it near the reply button.

Re: Drafting question

[ Edited ]

The shift key was it.  Previously, I just moved it around till it landed where I wanted, but I had a stubborn one today where I had to use the shift key. Typically I try Alt when editing dimensions.

The hard part was figuring out that I need to be already moving (dragging) the dimensions before hitting shift. If I just hold shift before I start moving it does not do anything.

It's the subtle things like this that drives a person crazy when learning the software.

Thank you.