Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafting sheets on/off

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Is there a way to turn sheets (drafting pages) off for printing and page numbering?

I would like to keep existing drafting in place, but turn a few drafting pages off. Is there a way to do this?

I can use occurrence properties to turn parts on and off within an assembly model. But I would also like to preserve the drafting of unused pages, yet have the ability to turn the unneeded pages off.

That way, the drafting for unused parts can be preserved for when they are needed in a later iteration of the same design.

4 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Drafting sheets on/off

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

86 views, no replies. I will assume there is no way to do this. The path of least resistance becomes copy the entire assemlby/draft/parts then delete pages.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Wait a minute: "copy the entire assembly/draft/parts"?!

Why would you copy anything other than the draft?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Legend
Legend

Sounds like you have assembly and parts on one draft file, and you're wanting to turn off some of those pages. That's the way I read it, and couldn't understand why you would do one draft like this in the first place.

But, maybe I read it wrong.............

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I have "resizable" designs driven by planes. So I make a designed template that contains all of the possible parts. Typically 40+ page drawings.

Then that group of files (Draft+assembly + assembly driven parts) is copied and turned into a specific design. Lets say the design is four tanks in a row all welded together as a single chunk of steel. Sometimes all four tanks are the same size, in that case, many of the flat patterns and bending patterns I have drafted become duplicates and a waste of paper. However at some point in the future, one of the same tanks could change, then I need the deleted pages back.

I make sheet metal box's that are custom sized for every job. Lot's of work goes into setting up calculations in the draft to present back gage and sick out dimensions. And lots of variable work goes into the sheet metal design to do things like maintain a 1" stick out in the folding no matter what gage (thickness and bend radius) are used.

So I am looking for everything I can to maintain the work in the file, but just turn it off for printing that specific design. 

Then in the future, if the next design is very close to an exiting one, the drafting work in minimized.