Drawing Standards

Good day all.

This is not an Solid edge issue. I would just like to know if any of you can help me with some directions where i can find all the ISO standards regarding drawings?

We have all the basics covered but I need the rest of it like Font sizes for text, caption ect and I would like to know if that sizes change depending on A4, A3, A2 ect ..

Thanks a mil guys

5 REPLIES

Re: Drawing Standards

[ Edited ]

http://www.iso.org/iso/drawings2.pdf

That might start you off. Probably have to spend some money to get the publications.

Edit: Funny, there's a big section on drawing equipment; pens, templates and such.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

bshand wrote:

http://www.iso.org/iso/drawings2.pdf

That might start you off. Probably have to spend some money to get the publications.

Edit: Funny, there's a big section on drawing equipment; pens, templates and such.

Ahh, the good old days - so many memories.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Yeah, I sure miss 'em. Wait...no I don't.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Thanks for the info guys.

I have created my own standard for drafting that fit's today's prefered methods of working and stays with most standards.

Start with ANSI templates. Set up A and B title block and block for whatever size printers you have.

The following font is the perfect blend of readable and good drafting space:

3/32" Tahoma. That size and font is readable by most under age 40 without glasses yet does not take up too much room. With that font, you can tell the differance betwen 1, I, i....and 0 vs O easy.

This also relates to 11 point in MS office or Adobe products.

Most printers only need 1/4" edges for printing.

Line weights are 0.13 0.18 0.25 0.3 mm

0.15" row height works well for borders and parts lists with that size text.

I do my drafting work on A and B paper and avoid at all costs the shrink plot that some use to have D size drafting paper in the machin that is printed on 11X17 paper. To me that is NOT compliance with any standard.

With 24" monitors, 11X17 paper with menu's shows up just about the same size as well be printed. Easy to guess what the end user will be looking at.