Drawing a circle/line with a wide screen monitor?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey all. Im new here, Been using solid edge 2D for many years but I'm now stumped on drawing a circle/line in solid edge with my wide screen monitor, I recently upgraded my computer to windows 7 pro now that solid edge no longer supports XP. Iv tried every thing I can think of and my circles are not round, they are oblong just as the monitor is. I used this same monitor with XP and it worked fine. My screen resolution is 1280x1024 and I even went higher and there still oblong.. Same with drawing a line, say I need to draw a 3'' vertical line, which looks fine. But if I draw that same 3'' line on a horizontal it looks too long.. Please help me out guys. I got a ton of CAD drawings I need to complete and import into my CAM program a set all tool paths and what not yet to do so I can machine these parts. Thanks in advance!

Quarterscale ProStreet Beretta
1 REPLY

Re: Drawing a circle/line with a wide screen monitor?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

This is not an issue with Solid Edge, it is an issue with the wrong screen resolution specified in Windows for the monitor you are using.  1280x1024 is not a widescreen resolution... 1600x900 or 1920x1080 would be a more realistic widescreen resolution. You need to look up what the correct native resolution is for your monitor and use that for the Windows resolution.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1