Drawing issues

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hi all,

i have Solid edge 1, yes i know..its olddd! , but still i have to live with it Smiley Happy

my problem is: i have an axisting, finished drawing of an assembly. Now i need to creat a higher assembly and creat drawings for it, only that now all the drawings will be attached to the lower assembly. how do i change thier attachment?

thx!

13 REPLIES

Re: Drawing issues

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

From the drawing.

Application Button>Manage>Edit Links>Change Source.

Or View and Markup/Revision Manager.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

thank you!

but thats the problem..I need to change the source file of the drawing and it dosnt let me

Legend
Legend

How about using Revision Manager, open the draft, and change the model there?

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

it looses attachments to its parts\assemblys

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not understanding something. Why don't you start a new drawing with the higher level assembly?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Because I already have the lower assembly drawings and I dont want to creat them all over again, only beacause i want them to be attached to a higher assembly.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

first of all thanl ypu all for your replys!

In order to clearefy my question, I need to redirect the

drrawing No.  that appeares in the drawing table. this how it will be atteched to a new assembly.

thx!

Legend
Legend

"Because I already have the lower assembly drawings and I dont want to creat them all over again, only beacause i want them to be attached to a higher assembly."

I don't know how, or why, you would do that. I'm not going to claim I know everything, so maybe someone has suggestions.

"first of all thanl ypu all for your replys!

In order to clearefy my question, I need to redirect the

drrawing No.  that appeares in the drawing table. this how it will be atteched to a new assembly. thx!"

I'm not understanding what you're looking for now. Your previous post made some sense in what you were trying to do, but now I'm not so sure I understand after your second post........

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm still not clear on what it is you want. I'm guessing that you want the files in the drawing views to be selected from within the assembly rather than as independent files? But then again, that's only been possible for a little while in versions from the recent decade.

Don't get why edit links won't work but, man, SE1?! Are you using Windows 3.1 too?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200