Solved! Go to solution

Drawing of flattened sheet metal part without thread ( mark, outline) view

Hello

I make a lot of sheet metal parts

My supplier who cut on the laser this parts for me want DXF file.

Dxf have to include Flattened view. I've a problem with thread ( mark, outline is visible) .

Everybody knows that this outline should not be included on the drawing for laser cuting, but hole ( continuous line circle) should be included to cut hole.

There is second option- to configure DXF export options to don not export this outline. But I do not  know how to do this.

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SUCHY
‎08-01-2016 08:18 AM

Re: Drawing of flattened sheet metal part without thread ( mark, outline) view

Hi,

try to save flat pattern to dxf directly using "Save as Flat" command in SheetMetal environment. You should get desired result without outer circle line.

Look here, find time 14:30 + 15:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZCpZiYTic

Ota

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SUCHY
‎08-01-2016 08:19 AM

Beware of that circle, according to how the hole tool is configured it could not be the inner diameter that you want. Also in my experience laser cutted edges became harder due to thermal shock and could be difficult to thread them.

Very Nice tool.
Unfortunatelly company which producent for us sheet metal parts Has an old software.
This software reads drawing but do not read any data included in dxf File ( thickness, material, bending angle etc)

Hi Marcin,

hope you are well.

I am doing this as follow : 

In the moment of saving the file as a flat part, automatically SE is asking for the name as a AutoCAD ( .dxf) file.

There is a button - Options - click on it - and choose which lines you want to have on the DXF file.flat options.jpg

Solid Edge ST8 MP10