Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing scaling

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am having difficulty in drawing a rectangle 670mm x 290mm this always end up larger than the sheet size, which is currently set at A2 wide. I have tried to increase the sheet size to A1 and also scale the item to 1:2, 2:1 one way it makes it very small the other seems to have no effect.

I am new to this and last used Autocad R14 so a long time ago any help would gratefully received

4 REPLIES 4

Betreff: Drawing scaling

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Chris16 

so welcome to our community.

When reading Your question, I suppose, that You are talking about Solid Edge 2D without any 3D document in use.

So if this is true, then the way to ahieve what You want will could be following:

• look for the View tab in top Ribbon Bar and turn on the 2D Model Sheet

20190501_1444.png

• Change to that sheet if not already has happend and draw Your rectangle in nature space, that means 1:1, ergo 670mm x 290mm
    There is unlimited (nearly) room to draw anything You need, and what I know this is what the Model Space is in Autocad
    20190501_1446.png

• You can use dimensions to fix those values too, and You will change the dimensions scale to e.g. 2 or 5, to better see the the text

20190501_1450.png
  • Change back to Your drawing sheet, select(change to the wanted paper size and
    use "2D Model View" from the Sketching tab to create Your wanted "paper view" of the model in model space

20190501_1452.png

• therefore select the wanted area from the 2D model sheet (some bigger than the reactangle) and place that on paper
    Take care to change to a proper scale factor

20190501_1454.png

• attention to move the dimensions to the Auto-Hide layer so that they are not visible during the view placement

20190501_1456.png
  • You can retrieve those dimensions afterwards using the "Retrieve Dimensions" function in SE
    So they will be retrieved again but this time using the appropriate scale factor

20190501_1457.png

Result shound now be something like

20190501_1459.png

But this also should be shown and/or written in the help tutorials

regards
Wolfgang

Hi there @Chris16,

Along with @hawcad's great info....here's a video from @Alan of it in action also.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Hi @SeanCresswell 

great to read sometho g from You again - how are You?

Hope it has become a little better!

And thanks for providing the video.

After making this picture story I asked myself really why not simply taking a video of 1 minute  instead.

Would be less work and effort.

But finally I hope, I was able to help.

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @hawcad,

Not to hijack the post, but, I'm doing OK, thanks....I'm going back to work [soft start anyway] on Monday, so back to a little bit of normal life might be a big help me cope too. The jetski came away completely in tact....not even a single a mark....so has since been in the garage, and will be until Christmas time probably. [unless my children want to take it out]

I feel, between your info and the video, there should be a good base point for @Chris16 to get things going a little better.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000