Driving dimmension when dimmensioning intersecting lines

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is it possible to make a dimmension driving when it is placed on the intersection of 2 lines ? (see picture for example)

7 REPLIES

Re: Driving dimmension when dimmensioning intersecting lines

Phenom
Phenom

Seems that Solid Edge does not allow a driving dimension with an intersection point involved.

Meanwhile, I could infer that with a perpendicular relation for the vertical line on the left and an angular dimension for the inclined line on the right, besides radius dimensions for the two arcs ensure that the dimension applied to just the end-points, give a consistent intersection point i.e. at the same location. So this would effectively be same as dimesioning to an intersection, unless you have some other design intent which is not obvious here.

Does that meet your requirement ?

intersdim.png

~Tushar

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you for the response

I do have a solution of my own ... I actually create the intersection point with 2 construction lines that extend from the 2 lines I need the intersection from. But it's a bit much to do this for every situation that I find ... thouht that I was missing something.

Phenom
Phenom

This too seems to be a good solution, I am able to verify it.

Thanks for sharing.

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.pngSolid Edge Users Facebook Group

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

We've already talked about this here:

link

Smiley Wink

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks @Imics , some more solutions out there, but on searching with keywords it does not locate the old thread. Is this working for you ?

ddinomatches.png

Regards,

~Tushar

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Tushar wrote:

....but on searching with keywords it does not locate the old thread. Is this working for you?

@Tushar,

Seems to find topics for me buddy....it depends on where you are in the forum, as the "Search Granularity" filters to your locale by default,.....but you can change it to search within [amongst others] "Board", to cover all topics, in all groups. [well, all that a user has access to]

SECommunity_Search.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks @SeanCresswell  Robot Very Happy its working for me too. I earlier thought of searching it closer to where it can be expected to be found quicker - the forum section. The search strangely seems to be working smoother after going a couple levels up.

~Tushar