Dual Dimensions for hole callouts

Creator
Creator

Using Solid Edge ST9.  I am trying to add dual dimensions to the hole callouts.  I am working in the draft template under styles.  In the example shown in the attached file, I would like to show %HS as a dual dimension, so I click the value, then Format, but when the format values opens it is grayed out and i can't make the necessary changes.  I have tried to manually make the changes using %{%HS/du} but that only gave me the dimension with "/du" as a suffix.  So can anyone tell me where I am going wrong.  Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

JD Haigler
5 REPLIES

Re: Dual Dimensions for hole callouts

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I find using a smart dimension for holes is easier. And there all the formatting is available.

In the dim properties go to the secondary units tab not the feature callout tab.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Creator
Creator

I have tried going into the properties and it didn't change anything on my call out.  Let me further explain what I am looking to do.  We are wanting to have dual dims on all hole callouts.  I have attached another screen shot of a hole callout.  We would like to have it read as Dia .562 [14.28] CCore Dia  [20.63] Depth .531 [13.349].  

JD Haigler

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think you're right. I don't use dual dimensions so wasn't aware of this problem. It works ok with linear dims or simple holes but with "special" holes (cbore, csink, etc.) it's lousy. Callouts can't handle dual units. You can't even "construct" the desired callout using the prefix tool without typed in values. It's a gaping hole in the dimensioning module IMO. Unless we're missing something.

Bruce Shand

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor
For dual units in a callout you can use "/du" format code, for ex. %DI%{%HS/DU}
Marc

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK, but it's a pretty cryptic, cumbersome process. And the format doesn't conform to include brackets or side by side orientation. Try to add tolerancing for extra Xanax moments. Kind of a fail IMO. Again, unless I'm missing something.

Bruce Shand