ER closed as IM (implemented in V108) but still not present in ST8

Phenom
Phenom

ER 1875216 - Add "Subassembly Priority" for the select command.

why this ER was closed as implemented but it's not present in ST8 (GTAC says implented in version 108).

And why I haven't got an email to inform me about this ER being "Implemented" ?

Francesco

7 REPLIES

Re: ER closed as IM (implemented in V108) but still not present in ST8

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Yes, it is implemented in ST8! Smiley Wink What you call "Subassembly Priority" developres call "Active document only" filter.

Here is a video about how it works:

I hope this helps!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

Good to know, unfortunately the way it is developed is totally not usefull for my purposes. Smiley Sad

Is there any way to activate\deactivate that new filter with keyboard keys combination ? Or at least a way to automate it with a macro ?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Could you tell me (us) what you would like to see using subassy priority (examples) in SE ?

I don't know any tools to activate/deactivate this filter, but this can be a "new challenge" for @Tushar! Smiley Wink

BR,

Imics

Phenom
Phenom

Imics wrote:

Hi,

Could you tell me (us) what you would like to see using subassy priority (examples) in SE ?

I don't know any tools to activate/deactivate this filter, but this can be a "new challenge" for @Tushar! Smiley Wink

BR,

Subassy priority would still let me select parts inside a subassebly it would just give priority to the assembly selection instead of the parts contained in it like standard solid edge behaviour.

Subassy priority would change the order where subassy are listed in the quickpick window, standard behaviour is parts at the start of the list and subassy at the end of the list.

Subassy priority would be part of the face\part priority and change the setting by cicle them with the CTRL + Space keyboard combination.

In the end, what I asked for is a quicker way to select a subassy instead of the parts contained in it.

Active component filter like it is implemented in ST8 in my opinion is kinda useless.

I did dig a bit in the APIs but haven't found how to activate\deactivate that filter.

Phenom
Phenom

Ah...he is asking for the selection option "Up one Level" that UG/NX has?

Select a part on the screen and then you have the ability to select "up one level" to grap the next level assy that the selected component belongs to. This function allows you to walk your way up the entire assembly structure- Also note this highlights the as it progresses up the tree for a visual feedback mechanism.

Phenom
Phenom

RyanM wrote:

Ah...he is asking for the selection option "Up one Level" that UG/NX has?

Select a part on the screen and then you have the ability to select "up one level" to grap the next level assy that the selected component belongs to. This function allows you to walk your way up the entire assembly structure- Also note this highlights the as it progresses up the tree for a visual feedback mechanism.

No,

I'm asking to change the select priority order behaviour.

Actually mouse over a subassy highlight its parts and you will have to use quickpick, scroll to the end of the list to select the subassy.

Subassy Priority would revert that behaviour, mouse over a subassy would highlight it and you will have to use quickpick to highlight its parts.

Phenom
Phenom

I understand your "frustration", I suggest asking a new ER for this because of consistency!

BR,

Imics