Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERA Not Saving

Experimenter
Experimenter

I checked out an assembly from SP, added a new part, and saved. I opened ERA and went to the existing exploded and included the new part I added. Saved the view. Closed ERA. Saved the model.

I updated the view in the drawing and my new part is not there. I return to the assembly and the update it gone. The additional part saved to the assembly but new the ERA.

I am relatively in-experienced with SP, so that may be my problem and I am running Solid Edge SP ST8.

3 REPLIES

Re: ERA Not Saving

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Sutcliffe,

Not sure what you mean by "SP"......but, while in the ERA environment, [or any assembly Configuration for that matter] use "Save Display Configuration" command & then the "Save" [Ctrl+S] command, in that order, to ensure it is captured to the .CFG file.

EDIT: Doh...."BING"......"SP" = SharePoint.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

I don't use SP, but make sure and go into the properties of your drawing view, go to the display tab, then down at the bottom make sure that you have "match" checked and then click on the check button. This will then force it to show as out of date if it is. You have to do this or it won't know anything has changed.

era.JPG

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the suggestions, but it is still not taking.

It is to the point, I thought it would just be easier to redraw the exploded view. I cannot create a new ERA either. And have not had this point outside of SP (Sharepoint, sorry for the confusion) as I have done plenty of exploded views there before. But that said, this is a left handed assembly. The right handed assembly is also in SP and I revised that without this problem. 

This all makes me think it a *.cfg issue. But where to go from here? I don't know.