Edge Publisher?

Has anyone heard anything from the guys that did Edge Publisher or Avalon PLM? I have been trying to contact them for awhile via e-mail and haven't heard anything. The latest post on their website is almost a year old.

Thanks,

Leonard

12 REPLIES

Re: Edge Publisher?

yes,

I've had luck contacting them via email and phone.

like within the last month.

[ Edited ]

Does their "unite assemblies" work with Solid Edge ST7

I haven't tested it with ST7 but it worked fine with ST5.

Contact with them has been erratic in the last few months.

Good Luck,

Leonard

Hi Ilane, I had the same problem. They just not replied to my post. I had Arne a while ago on the phone, he was not able to answer any mails for a while.

To answer Johnny3D, yes I have tried it and it works great. You need the latest version.
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

How does unite work with st8?

Johnny3D wrote:
How does unite work with st8?

Hi there @Johnny3D,

Probably better to start a new thread for this.....but anyway, are you asking how to use the "unite" tool?, or are you wanting to know where it is located??

I recomend using "the command finder", located at the lower right of the graphics area...and also, if you hover the cursor over a command button, the helpers should flyout [like in my image below] to give tool tips, alternatively you can press "F1" during the hover, to get the help file specific to that tool. 

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

I've been using Edge Publisher ( alongside ST8) for the Unite (shrinkwrap) functionality almost 6 months now.  The Unite works great and wish Solid Edge would just buy it and integrate it into Solid Edge.  

If you are asking if it works well or poorly, it works great.  If you are asking how to use it the manual is a good start.  I typically first prep it for Unite in order to fill in all the "proprietary" geometry.  Synchronous Technology works great for this to quickly fill all internal surfaces with solids.  

Then, I typically use Unite Assembly Converted Visible rather than Standard or Configuration.  You will need to save the file as a parasolid and as a JT file once ready with the settings for each as stated in the manual to work properly.  Then, Uniting will merge all bodies and combine overlapping bodies into one single "shrinkwrapped" body beautifully.  

I have not tried some of the other functionality yet such as batch pdf or exporting to step/iges, updating drafts, etc... but I see how these can be beneificial as well.

Brian Fritz
Solid Edge Certified Professional
ST10 latest MP

Ahhhhh...."unite assemblies", I see how it all ties in to this topic now, thanks Brian [@Fritz].....and yes, bringing a "Shrinkwrap" functionality in, we sung that song loud & clear to the team at Solid Edge University.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Sqeaky wheel gets the grease **cough cough @dcstaples** 

We inend to buy a license of Edge Publisher this month.  In the past, we would tell our customers we wouldn't give them solid models in hopes we could avoid all the work in removing all the proprietary information.  If they insisted, we would charge them as we sometimes would spend days, a week, or even longer to create a sufficient model from a large assembly.  

In the latest request, I was able to fill in all the proprietary information using Synchronous and then use Edge Publisher to Unite the entire thing in under an hour (Uniting in Edge Publisher took 18 minutes of the hour) but I could walk away for almost all of it and let it do its thing.  So only about a half hour or so of my time was needed.  I highly recommend Edge Publisher in combination with Solid Edge.

Brian Fritz
Solid Edge Certified Professional
ST10 latest MP