Solved! Go to solution

Edit dimensions in draft file

Hello there,

I was wondering, can the dimension changed in draft file format without have to go back in tp part assembly file. ? If yes, please guid me.
4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam1885
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Edit dimensions in draft file

Dimensions can be over ridden in Draft, but they cannot change the model.  If you need to update the model, double click on your drawing view which will open the model, make the change, and then close and return to the Draft and update the views.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

how to override the dimension?

[ Edited ]

How to override a dimension:

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

You don't really even need to go to the trouble of hiding the dimension and using the prefix/suffix. You can simply click on the dimension value and change it to whatever you want it to be. This, by default, will place a line under the dimension indicating that it is no longer to scale. The "not to scale" underline can be modified or turned off completely under properties if you so desire.

That said, just because you can to do this, doesn't mean you should do it. In my group, changing a dimension like this on a production drawing rather than editing the model and making the dimension correct would constitute a hanging offense.

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC