Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a gear after Engineering Reference

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I need to modify the gears that the Engineering Reference tool builds.  After they are created, I don't seem to be able to make changes.  I think this is basic but can't find any guidance?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Editing a gear after Engineering Reference

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I do not have EngRef installed at the moment but IIRC you can NOT edit the wizard inputs after creation.

You would simply need to re-run the wizard and re-produce the desired results. 

EDIT: I do HAve Eng REf and my recollection was/is correct.  you can not edit the wizard inputs..  note that you have a gear profile and pattern...  but those are about worthless for another mesh set up...

FWIW:  I seldom model 3D Gears.  I model simplified at Pitch diameter and thickness than simply callout on drawing with standards or ref a purchased stock item #.

Edit2:   Silly "ASSuME"tion form me that you were making a gear.  reckon it could be any of the wizard options. 

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Re: Editing a gear after Engineering Reference

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the feedback.  I am not sophisticated enough to build my own gear profile.

I think the problem relates to the gear tool's output being ordered.  When I tried to switch it to synchronous, I got slightly better results.

I tried copying the part file containing the gear into another part and the result seemed much better.