Editing callout with specific variable reference

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello

I'm trying to change a dimension style on a callout that contains variable references, but no easy way (in red square at left of image).

The only way I found is to attribute a specific Variable Type to them (i.e. Scalar), and change it's precision on File Units, keeping the rest unchanged.  So, I dont need to make Model Views with PMI callout and I am free to put the callout on any dft view.

* There's another way to do it on ST7 ?

* There's an way to duplicate/create Variables Types in the same way we do with Dimension styles ?

(It seems in ST8 we have more control of notes and callouts inside draft environment ... nice improvement if this can be done independently )

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8
3 REPLIES

Re: Editing callout with specific variable reference

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think that perhaps people, like me, don't quite understand your question. Either that or it's a slow Friday before Christmas break.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

yea, i can't reproduce it plus we don't use Metric. First thought would be your trailing zero setting is wrong

Phenom
Phenom

I think the question relates to formatting.

With text you can perform much of the formatting available in MS word (Bold & Underline for example). With annotation, you can't do much. They need to allow the same formatting options available with text to annotation.