Editing section view cutting planes

Pioneer
Pioneer

Ok I have had this issue for years and have never taken the time to figure it out.

I have a vertical cutting plane in a draft view and I want to edit the line so it goes thru another hole at an angle. When I do this I lose the true "revolved section view". Is there a way to edit this section without having to re-create the section view and then selecting the "revolved section view" icon?

I really don't like to delete and re-dimension section views if a feature gets added in after the fact.

JGUN

Running ST5

9 REPLIES

Re: Editing section view cutting planes

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I think you are out of luck.  No way that I can see to do it without recreating the section view.  Would be a nice enhancement, though.

Phenom
Phenom

It seems that the dimensions are correct but only after recreating the section view...

Yasser

revolved_section_01.jpg

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yasser,

You are correct...I have to recreate the view. This is what I'm trying to get away from doing.

I simply want to add the option for Revolved Section View.JPGso you would get true full diameter dimensions. The example I showed was simplified but the parts I usually draw are slightly more complex with more dimensions. I'm trying to get away from having to re-create the view and re-creating all the toleranced dimensions.

JGUN

Pioneer
Pioneer

This is a quick example of the dimensions I would add. These dimensions would also have GD&T flags and datums. I may also have additional pilot diameters or chamfers dimensioned.

So when the view gets updated some of these dimension become unattached or are not true size anymore.

Dimension standard.JPG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Bump

Anyone else ever have this issue? Is there a fix? Am I doing something wrong?

JGUN

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I just had this yesterday. i just ended up recreating the section, Have you called this in?

Pioneer
Pioneer

That's what we usually end up doing.

No I have not called it in yet.

Genius
Genius

I've tried many things and came up with nothing.  I could add a split and update the view but just as @YD shows, the lines created show as a typical projection and not a revolved projection like you want.  Therefore, with everythng I tried you wouldn't be able to get the true diameter dimensions from the section view unles recreate the view.  Unfortunately that looks like the only solution for now.

Brian Fritz
Solid Edge Certified Professional
ST10 latest MP

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

when modifying a Part it is necessary to update its Drawing. Sometimes the Dimensions have to be repositionned with ALT key. A behavior like this has to be available for editing Section Views so that editing them including a new projection direction could be possible without loosing any information from the Drawing.

I think this should be possible...

Yasser

STX