Solved! Go to solution

Editing sweep protrusions (ordered)?

I'm trying to edit the profile of a sweep protrusion (ordered environment) but am stuck.  If I go into the definition and select the profile step, I'm asked to "select a path or cross section to edit".  If I select the cross section (there's only one) it turns green, but nothing more happens.  It doesn't reorient the window to the profile plane or show any of the 2D editing tools like it did when I first created it.  Hitting the edit button doesn't appear to do anything either.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Pat 

6 REPLIES

Re: Editing sweep protrusions (ordered)?

Pat,

Is your profile driven from a global sketch?

ie:  is the sketch visable in the path finder?

if so you just edit the sketch directly.

if the sketch is feature based then you need to use the edit profile option:

http://screencast.com/t/D5hALsAn03ti

No, the profile was created directly in the command (like I do with most features).  I expected edits to work the same way as it does with other commands, where it takes you back into the same sketch environment you used to create the profile originally.  That would be logical as least.  Not sure why it's different here, unless there's a bug in the software (I'm still on ST7).

Did you watch Matt's video?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author pkelecy
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

SEE THE VIDEO... YOU NEED TO RE ENTER THE PROFILE...

http://screencast.com/t/D5hALsAn03ti

[ Edited ]

Opps!  Sorry Matt.  I didn't look at your video (thought it was sketched based).  But that solved the problem.  I didn't realize I needed to click on the "Sweep Protrusion - Draw Profile Step" button.  That was step I was missing.  Glad it turned out to be something simple.  Thanks!

Editing sweeps and lofts can be a bit of a challenge, so I always create the profiles as seperate sketches, not as part of the feature.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.