Electrical schematics with Solid Edge?

Genius
Genius

We messed around a few years ago to get away from AutoCAD for our schematics, and start using SE. For whatever reasons, the idea was scrapped, and I'm looking to see what folks might have to share for their experience.

We have nice adjustable blocks setup in AutoCAD, and it's fairly simple to build from the beginning, or update when necessary. Is anyone aware of any improvements in the past 3-5 years in SE that might help us consider switching again? Maybe there's a library alread available of blocks, rather than starting all over again? It seems that was the main hurdle at the time, because nobody could dedicate the necessary time to create all the new blocks.

I'm doing some research on this forum, but the best info I've found thus far was from 2013:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/Schematic-Diagrams-in-Solid-Edge/ba-...

Thanks in advance for any input of value!

3 REPLIES

Re: Electrical schematics with Solid Edge?

FYI,

AutoCAD Blocks can be used in SE Draft with no need for prior translation.

Simply drag and drop....

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

"adjustable block"   not so sure of these.  may only translate primary view and othes may need rebuilt.?

i simply do not know.

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Phenom
Phenom

Over the time there were some nice improvement about how Solid Edge handle blocks.

We do hidraulic schemes with Solid Edge but we had to create our own symbols.

The reson to make our own symbol were the need to insert some properties in the block itself.

This properties appear beside the symbol and are used to create a BOM of the scheme.