Embossed Pattern

Hi all

I am trying to make a chequered plate with embosed pattern on it.

I can emboss a single feature and patterenize it but this would lead to a very heavy file and for steps would become slower.

Is there any way to patteronize any object and the handling remains faster.

Basically I do want to show that pattern in draft. Can texturing feature could help me..??

or texturing only refers to graphical representation which has nothing to do with drafting..

see attached file for sample sheet

7 REPLIES

Re: Embossed Pattern

Hi:

See the third video in this tip.

Or as below:

Hope this gives you a hint.

~Tushar Suradkar

Hi there,

Further to to what @Tushar shows.....if you show your model as shaded in draft, the applied texture will also show there. [see attached PDF]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

thanks for your suggestions.

But what I an asking is that is there any way to show details of this "textured pattern" in draft.I mean to say that I want to show height and width of that pattern.

What I do know that it is not possible. But I have not much experince as you guys have.

AM2 wrote:

I mean to say that I want to show height and width of that pattern.

What I do know that it is not possible. But I have not much experince as you guys have.

Hi there,

You can do this also....just model the ridges and pattern them on the flat sheet metal file, then re-bend, or apply new bends, and they will flatten.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Thanks for your informative reply.

I have a question that by following your procedure, will it make my file heavier..??

as I have to deal with large assembly file

Any time you add faces files become more computationally intensive. You can simplify parts and assemblies to lessen their downstream impact.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi there @AM2,

Yes, as @bshand points out....adding additional detail, creates a scalar tax on your system, but this can be managed, as Bruce also says, with using simplified models, for use in larger assemblies.....a trade off, for having to have such details usable downstream.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10