Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End condition nodes

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have a model with stair balustrades. I need to trim the vertical bars to the top and bottom rails. Is there a way to multi select nodes without having to pick everyone. Image is one side of one stair, there are 4 stairs and that's hundreds of bars that need tops and bottoms done to different rails. Then when SE looses it's end conditions it gets very time consuming.

3 REPLIES 3

Betreff: End condition nodes

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Dennis_K 

there should be a way and I think I have given an answer and a solution a time ago to a nearly equal request.

We should search here for frame trimming or so. Think it was 1 to 2 years ago.

Must search the example when back in the office, but I'm not sure wether I have kept it or not.

But the way will go over a part with a sketch and trimmed curves (lines) to be used for the frames.

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Dennis_K 

but what me astonish somehow, frames should be trimmed automatically when finding the upper and lower bars there.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Frames needs some drastic attention to correct bugs features like this.

So many times I've had to manually trim ends using a cut because one end of one frame member won't automatically do it when others work fine. Trims also regularly fail if you modify the frame.

Good luck if you want to trim a member to another that is placed after it - I've never found it possible (probably due to being an ordered function).

Having to redefine the locations and orientations of a whole frame just because you changed the angle/channel/box size. Surely it could keep the same reference point and orientation for similar sections.

We use frames for flexible conduit runs and I often see a run that worked fine broken into several bits because I changed the conduit size.

If you change the bend radius for the frame and enter a value that is too big, the value stays in the properties but nothing usually happens. Sometimes though, the frame disappears.

I could go on.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
SE2019 MP5 on Windows 10 Pro 64.