Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

have even tried copying the files from her computer onto a USB driver and downloading them to my computer just to see that there weren't any errors in the downloaded file on my computer.. still didn't work o.O

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

Pioneer
Pioneer
have to go to sleep now, i'll check in tomorrow again!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Swifthtml wrote:

yes, i did.

There was a link in the mail for the download so I logged onto my mail on her computer and clicked on the same link.. Worked for her, but can't do anything on it due to it lagging:/

Ah, so technically you didn't use the same physical file, as it was re-downloaded.

The install file that was downloaded on your system must've been corrupted by an interupted connection, so was incomplete.

Only the file that was downloaded & worked on your sisters PC, is the one you want.

The Student Edition file should read... "Solid_Edge_ENGLISH_ST7.exe".....right click and choose "Run as Administrator".

Hope it works out.....when you tackle it tomorrow.

PS: If you have to download it again...try using Google Chrome & it's Chrono download manager. This has served me well over the years & numerous large downloads for Solid Edge.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP4] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Pioneer
Pioneer

tried downloading it again using the crono download manager on chrome.. same thing.. ran the istallation .exe file as administrator, completet registration, ran solid edge as administrator and entered my student activation code, and same error message appeared.. 

Never had this problem before with any of the programs i've downloaded during the time i've had this computer.. So solid edge is the only program showing this error and that's what I find strange..

Pioneer
Pioneer

@Swifthtml wrote:
I download from this site, http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/academic/resources/solid-edge/academic-downloads.shtml?s...

Could anything be wrong with that?

No, that is the correct download site, and the file that is functioning on many other systems [including your sisters]....I can only summise that the file is still not complete, or there is another path of resistance that we havent discovered yet.

Actually, can you check that the downloaded file you have is 1.99GB, in size?

I do find it odd that you're getting right through to the licensing phase of the installation, and then upon entering the license, you are getting the error.....can you do a screen capture of the error message dialogue, on your next attempt, assuming you are going to continue trying.

Maybe try installing without applying a license file......it should still complete the installation, but call for a license when opening the application from the icon.

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

The file is 2.00 GB in size.

It's not during the licensing I get the error, it's after installation and completeting the licensing, then after completing it and open solid edge I get the error.

I get this (pic1) and then the error (pic2).

Also, I don't link a license file during installation I enter my academic code after when opening solid edge for the first time after completing installation.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Forgot the pics..

Hmm...pic2 would indicate that there are bad [or missing] registry keys in the system, which were possibly done during a corrupt [incomplete] install.

Have you ever worked with modifying the system registy before?....it can be devastating to the system, if done wrong.

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer
nope never tried that before.. can that help?