Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

you may actually be onto something there..

I've opened the Registry Editor and can't find a registry for Solid edge in any of the folders..

And since the error message says it's not properly registered that must be it?

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

but then again, Solid edge appears on the Uninstall programs tab so it should be registered.. though I can't find it in the registry manager:/ 

This is just too weird o.O

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Swifthtml wrote:

you may actually be onto something there..

I've opened the Registry Editor and can't find a registry for Solid edge in any of the folders..

And since the error message says it's not properly registered that must be it?

You'll find it listed under "Unigraphics Solutions"....

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP4] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Pioneer
Pioneer
oh okay, found it.
So can I tweak it in some way or what did you have in mind?

My thinking was,...do an uninstall of Solid Edge....then trawl the registry for any instances of "Unigraphics Solutions" & therefore it will take the underlying Solid Edge entries in both "user" & "machine" registry strings.

These should be, with any luck, rebuilt correctly by the system, upon a fresh install.

Good luck.....

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

okay, i've uninstalled it and there are no registries under Machine, under User however there are plenty. So what exactly do you want me to do in these registries?

Select the main directory for "Unigraphics Solutions" [taking all under it] and delete it......then reboot & install Solid Edge again.

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

uuugh, it didn't work either, deleted the folder and it's subfolders, rebooted, installed, and same error happened:/

Seems like the only option left is to buy a new computer, but that's going a little to far for one program.

Dang it, was rather hopefull on that.....buying another PC seems a bit drastic, but understand the thought, and great if it's an option.

May have to just put up with the lag, and use your sisters one to help complete your school work.

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yeah I will see about that, been thinking about getting a new computer since this doesn't quite keep up the FPS on the newer games that are released, so a new computer is definently an option.

But thanks for all the help anyways!