Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Try creating a new Windows user profile and installing Solid Edge under the new profile.

Also, when installing, make sure UAC is disabled.

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

**bleep** it, was quite sure that was going to work..

But as always i'm getting the same message, even tried clearing the registry one time on the other account too, didn't work either:/

Must be some file in my system that is preventing this for some reason, got 500GB of data installed on this computer so might be a possibility.

Siemens Phenom

What version of Windows 7 do you have installed?  Are you on SP1? 

Try downloading and installing both all mandatory *and* optional Windows updates.  Once fully updated, makes sure Solid Edge is fully uninstalled by removing from Add/Remove Programs, deleting the HCKU and HKLM\Unigraphics Solutions registry entries, deleting the "%ProgramFiles%\Solid Edge <ver>" folder, and deleting the "%APPDATA%\Unigraphics Solutions" folder.

Once the system has been completely wiped of Solid Edge, temporarily disable your anti-virus and firewall, and with UAC disabled then try installing Solid Edge by right-clicking Run as Administrator in a new Windows profile.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Got windows 7 Ultimate and SP1 installed.

That didn't work either, took a good hour to install all the updates, still did not work:/

Siemens Phenom

Researching the database there appears to have only been two solutions to this problem previously -- installing under a new user profile or reinstalling Windows Smiley Sad

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you, Sean. This worked for me.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Very welcome @Chris-imp.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP4] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

maybe this is outdated now, but I get exactly the same persistent error 

after installing  ST8 or 9 (I have the DVDs for ST8)

Has someone found a Solution to the problem? 

I tried: Different User, SECleanup, manual registry cleanup, different version(ST9)

My system is Win7 64 Ultimate

Siemens Phenom

@Triggernaut just about all indications are that you will need to reinstall Windows.  This is not a Solid Edge issue per se but an underlying WIndows issue.  You can google this and find many other softwares that are also reporting this issue but all have the same end solution -- reinstall Windows.