Enhancement Request, how to make one

Not sure if any of you guys have seen what Solidworks can now do, but I feel like if works can do it, Edge should be able to as well. Solidworks can now bring in Solid Edge as well as inventor assemblies into an assembly, without translation. Not only that, but you can even go into the parts and make modifications to them. These changes willl not change inside of the Edge parts, but if the edge parts or assemblies change, it is reflected in the solidworks assembly. This, I have to admit, is a pretty impressive addition to Works. I, being a staunch edge advocate, feel like if they can do this, we should be able to as well. I'm not sure how to make an enhancement request, but if I did this would be at the top of my list.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
4 REPLIES

Re: Enhancement Request, how to make one

[ Edited ]

To make an ER, it starts as an IR with GTAC. It's better if you file it yourself rather than use your vender.

Give them documents, files, movies, screenshots, whatever you can so that the end reader understand exactly what you want from gorund 0.

I would recommend importing Solidworks files into Solid Edge and exploring the synchronous tools to make changes to the Solidworks files. 

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

@kjoiner

I already can do that. But they don't update when the solid works model changes.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

We already do this as part of our multi-CAD capability with Teamcenter.

Also, FYI, Solidworks is still translating the Solid Edge file -- you just don't see it because it is automated as part of their "Open Solid Edge" workflow.