Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Equation Driven Curve

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Tushar!  We will definitely be trying this.  We have a strong need for this which is why I've been recently among Siemens to add this capability.  

Brian Fritz
Solid Edge Certified Professional
ST8 latest MP

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hi Neys:

The info.lundin.math library is a free third-party library.

I too found it not to be working with Windows 7, but was fine on WinXP

Don't know why.

What is your OS and Solid Edge version ?

~Tushar

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for the speedy response. One of the other commenters mentioned you would be away/jet lagged until late this week!

I'm currently running on Windows 7 SP1 with SE ST6. Our system is administrated centrally so I don't have much control of my local machine but I can request changes to be made, which is annoying.

Thanks,

Neys

Hi Neys:

I too developed the macro on Win 7 with SP1 and ST6.

I find no problems running the macro with this configuration.

The download should contain the lundin.DLL file which should be placed in the same folder as the macro, without which the macro won't run.

Can you post an image of the error ?

~Tushar

www.CADVertex.com

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Works for me on Win 7 but the download is either missing the lundin.info dll or it's being removed by some computer.

Manually downloading from http://www.lundin.info/mathparser and placing the dll in the same folder worked for me.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Wow !

Now that gives me a taste of how the SE dev team must be feeling when some one else gives support for their work !!  Robot Happy  Robot Very Happy

Phenom
Phenom

Here's an example that I used way back in my designer days.

catenary curves! We used these to design airflow chambers and could also be used on web lines that need to keep certain tension levels on materials.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi,

I've already logged this as an enhancement request. This could be very powerful function in SE!

ER ticket number: 1901663 & "join me" Smiley Wink

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

Maybe we could get the NX law curve function! Wow, what a tool that would be! But it might require a new type of entity in SE. As I recall Law Curves is a feature unto itself- not a sketch feature.

It's been some time since I have used NX so it might have changed by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHN-kkbliJg

This link shows the dialog of law curve and just begins to define what power is available in there. The videos starts out by showing parable creation and then shows how to drive using law curve functions.

The present Equation Curve App has all the potential to create a 3D curve, just that I had become bit too lazy after creating 35 free apps with the SE community not willing to purchase just 1 from the 4 paid apps.

Drawing Compare in ST8 and Pack n Go in ST9, the dev team is following in foot steps, so a Law Curve in ST 10 could just be a reality.

A little boasting is not too bad after all Smiley LOL