Erasing elements

I have been able to dowload ST6 but in trying to erase an element can only do so if I use Cut and transfer to the clipboard.  I s there another way without doing this?

POP15

8 REPLIES

Re: Erasing elements

Hi there @Pop15,

Does the delete button on your keyboard, not actually delete the entity[s] selected?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

No .When I  pick element  it changes colour to purple.  If I then press the right key of the mouse and then use the delete button it will disappear, but this seems a roundabout way.

SeanCresswell wrote:

Hi there @Pop15,

Does the delete button on your keyboard, not actually delete the entity[s] selected?

Pop15 wrote:

No .When I  pick element  it changes colour to purple.  If I then press the right key of the mouse and then use the delete button it will disappear, but this seems a roundabout way.

That does, yes.

To be clear, this is not how it should be functioning!

I can't say I've encountered that at all over the last 15 years using Solid Edge. Suspect it's a local setting, or a system display related issue that is at play here.....but not having experienced that particular oddity before, I can't suggest what to do next. Somebody else might chime in with a pointer, or solution.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Hi @Pop15,

Perhaps we need to start this, from the begining......

Can you give some information on your version of Solid Edge ST6 [+ maintenance pack, if any] and of your computer specs. [Operating system, cpu, ram, graphics card & driver version]

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Maybe a video of your workflow so we can get a clearer idea of what's going on?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi
Many thanks for your response, but I have now been able to carry out the correct procedure.
Regards
Pop15

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
http://www.avast.com

Thanks for your reply, and I have now found the correct procedure for erasing elements usinf the delete key.  For your further information I have only recently downloaded and started using the software so everything is a learning curve. I do not know the version of Solid Edge ST6 I have nor do I have any maintenance pack.

Further information you requested is as below:

Operating system 32 bit

Cpu  Intel(R) core(TM)2 Duo  T6400 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

RAM 4.00GB (2.97 GB usable)

Graphics card ATI Radeon

Regards

Pop15

Yes I have now found the correct procedure for deleting entities using the delete button. Many thanks for your help.

pop15