Error While Converting JT to IGES in SolidEdge

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi 

When I am trying to open a JT file in SolidEdge, it opens only in ordered environement because 

" The JT File Contains only faceted data. Faceted Data can only be imported into the ordered environment".

When I am trying to convert this file to IGES, I am getting the below error

"The Model Contains no bodies. An Output File will not be generated"

Is there any way to convert JT to IGES.

With regards

Rajkumar | i-Value Tech Solutions

www.i-vtech.in

5 REPLIES

Re: Error While Converting JT to IGES in SolidEdge

Phenom
Phenom

I faced no problems with a round trip for a SE Part - JT - SE Part - IGES - SE Part in the synchronous environment.

Do you know the source application that created the JT ?

Attach the JT here if possible so that it can be examined.

~Tushar

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Tushar & @Raj_I-value,

Appears the issue is getting from JT to SE to IGES. Probably doesn't make any difference saving from SE, or another application.

Solid Edge has had a long standing deficiency, when working with faceted data.....I believe plans are  [recalling a session from SEU15] to improve this, but how much & when is still unknown.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

Not sure how faceted data got into the JT in question.

The one I created from Solid Edge itself had no such problem and imported back fine as a BodyFeature which I could further also export as an IGES.

I agree though completely on the facet data handling problem in Solid Edge.

~Tushar

Phenom
Phenom

@Tushar @Raj_I-value I believe that JT files can contain both precise 'engineering' geometry and simplified faceted (triangles) geometry- I presume the faceted version is lighter weight.  In the JT export settings there is a checkbox "Include precise geometry" which I think controls this, though if you've received the JT from someone else then you're out of luck unfortunatly.

Phenom
Phenom

Ah! saw that option in the Solid Edge Export Options as well but did not realise the implied meaning.

You hit the bull's eye there @Alex_H