Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message displayed viewing a post with a movie included

Genius
Genius

I just posted a message in this form including a video of 11.6Mb. After looking at my post, I get an error message instead of the movie. What's wrong ?

SEerr.jpg

10 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Error message displayed viewing a post with a movie included

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@KatieKing

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Betreff: Error message displayed viewing a post with a movie included

Hi @Hans11

Hi @KennyG

I have seen this problem very often in the past.

According to a hint from this forum, I have deleted my older videos (from profil) to save space for new videos.

After doing so, I was able again to upload videos directly.

So my suppose here is, that the given user space for videos is limited and if You already have reached this value no further video upload might be possible until You have delete some olders.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Error message displayed viewing a post with a movie included

Genius
Genius

Hi Wolfgang,

yes it would be interesting, to know if there is a limit, may be for every user a defined amount of video time or storage volume. If that was the case, it would be helpful to become informed about that fact and to have a handle for finding out how much space the user has taken already.

All together my videos have a run time of about 15minutes.

Of course I could delete my older videos. But that has the disadvantage, that older posts then won't be complete anymore, in case somebody would look into the former posts for investigating his special interest.

Does anybody know about a limit in space or video time?

best regards

Hans

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@hawcad

Would a youtube video be used as a workaround incase the size of the video is limiting and there is no way to expand the memory?

@Lex-luthor,

Absolutely, and I prefer that method also, as I may use it else where.....You Tube has it's own server[s] to store the video data from, and the Solid Edge Community site only needs a link to the YT video.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP2] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

One word of caution about using YouTube... Many companies block the site.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
That's true Kenny. I guess that is why I have several other video accounts like google drive, YT, Vimeo. Bambuser was a good one but they are going out of platform to a different service, non video. Most companies do block those sites, just as mine blocks the video that are on here. I cannot view them at all.

Genius
Genius

I'ld like to ask Siemens to answer, if there is a defined limitation for each user in the video-storage-space of this forum and how much it is.

In case there was a limit, I'ld like to encourage Siemens to extend the storage capacity for the sake of a complete archive of the forum posts, as today this should not be too expensive and can easily be rented from providers.

best regards

Hans

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin
@Hans11 - Sorry! So video uploads have a limit of 750 MB and each user is allowed to upload 2,000 videos. The error you show in your original post was a known issue and should be fixed at this point. I apologize for not reading this close enough and making the connection between what we noticed and what you experienced. Can you please let me know if this isn't fixed for you?