Escape Key

Hi, Just wondering if any one else is experiencing this problem.  I'll be moving several items in an assembly and mating them. I seem to use the escape key a lot to exit out of commands. Every once in a while, I will press the escape key several times and it would undo several steps that I have done. I can't hit the undo or redo to get the steps back.  I know that if I stopped pressing the escape key that I wouldn't have this problem but Just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

3 REPLIES

Re: Escape Key

The Escape key is used to cancel a command and usually returns focus to the Select Tool.  I would use the video recorder in SE to capture the entire app window while demonstating this and upload it to your post.  Should not be doing an Undo...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Same issue, can't assemble parts because the function drops out when hitting the escape key.

@Stephen_Barter That is by design. Hitting the ESC key cancels any current command... That is what it is supposed to do.

So if you are using the Assemble command and in the midst of adding an assembly constraint, hitting ESC exits the Assemble command at whatever step you were at.

The OE was stating that it was undoing commands that were previously already completed which is not reproducible and it should never do...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10