Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Excel file display issues in draft file ST7

Genius
Genius

That is a possible solution. I would like to see a demo of it 1st.

Thanks,

Gary

Genius
Genius

I meant to imply that I would be willing to sacrifice the power of excel's calculation abilities in order to be able to layout charts in excel, then import the excel file into a Solid Edge table.

When embedding excel files in SE, the caluculation abilities are still there, but I am having issues with the SE display being truncated when the excel file is closed. Grabbing the view handles does not allow the file to be fully displayed. What I have been able to do, is reopen excel file from inside draft file, then save excel file to my hard drive, then re-import saved excel file to SE to fix display.

I am using excel files to create charts for tabulated draft files that don't require any calculations. Similar to the 3 charts in upper left of attached pdf file.

Gary

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You have to move the (usually lower right) "window" control when the embedded file is open.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

You can see the video which shows copying a variable table to Excel first and then creating the Draft table from Excel. You can ignore the variable table copy part.

Also can download the App which will create 3 rows in the trial mode.

The selection has to be a simple row x column, I haven't tested with merged rows or columns.

Any formatting is lost too.

@bshand Bruce: Please continue with filling the form on the download page, so it goes through the proper channel.

~Tushar Suradkar

www.CADVertex.com

Genius
Genius

I have tried, the handle will drag display to random point, then no longer move to expose remainder of file. It is always bottom or left edge. I have print range set in excel for what I want to display, have tried saving excel file in *.xls & *.xlsx. I always fully display file in excel window.

This is an intermittent issue, doesn't do it every tme, maybe 20%+/-.

Issue possibly may be related to dual monitor setup I have. Monitors are not same size, both are on same video card, Quadro 5000. PC is Dell T7500, Xeon ES620 2.4ghz, 24 gig ram, 64 bit Win &, ST7 MP10.

Gary

I have dual monitors as well and seem to have no problem although I don't often use Excel files that way.

Bruce Shand

@Tushar, Do you have an SE BOM to Excel program?

Bruce Shand

@bshand, I just right click copy contents, the paste into Excel...did you need more automated functionality than this?

ST8_DFT_PartsList_CopyContents [forExcel].png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

@SeanCresswell, Yes, that's what I do too. It can be a little bit of a PITA with large BOMs. Has "copy contents" always been there? I used to select the contents then copy. SW has the export function so I'm being a bit a of PITA too Smiley Happy

Bruce Shand

You know, I don't recall if it's always been there.....seems like it has, but not sure.

I use this particularly with my larger BOM's, and seems to work the same. What in particular are you seeing as the "spear head" for your PITA. Robot surprised

I bet if @Tushar doesn't already have a solution, he will no doubt invent one.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000