Exclusion List

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've recently taken oveer as our CAD Admin, so I'm new to the behind the scenes aspect of SE.

I am currently trying to figure out how to remove users from an exclude list created by my predecessor.  I know about the sedemon.opt file, but their names (and terminal IDs) are not present in it.  I can see their denial in the debug.log, but I see no other information in there that is helpful.

Are there any other places to include a user's name?  Are there other ways?

7 REPLIES

Re: Exclusion List

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The OPT file is the right place to look but unless you are using a really old version of Solid Edge, the daemon name is "selmd.exe" and thus the option file should be named "selmd.opt".

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I looked in the SEFlex\Program folder and saw both sedemon.exe and selmd.exe, but only saw sedemon.opt

We're running ST7.  I know how software evolves, so would you consider this really old?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No, not old.  You should be using SELMD.EXE.  You should then be using SELMD.OPT

Run the app LMTOOLS and on the Service/License File tab, select "Solid Edge Licens Manager"

Then select the "Config Services" tab.  You should see a field that has a path to the lgmrd.exe file... that is where you should also have the SELMD.exe and the SELMD.opt.

Also, take a look at what you have for the client license in c:\program files\solid edge st7\preferences on the PC's getting denials.  Should match the one used by the server or should look like what is below except servername and nnnnn:

SERVER servername SE_HWKEY_ID=nnnnn 27001
VENDOR selmd
USE_SERVER

Thanks,
Ken

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Our server has both sedemon.exe and selmd.exe, but it only has sedemon.opt.  The path of the license file is

VENDOR selmd C:\SEFlex\Program\selmd.exe options=C:\SEFlex\Program\sedemon.opt 

If I chage the license file to selmd.opt, will it just create it?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No, that is correct.  The license file is telling SELMD to use the option file you have as it is explicitly being called.

Should be working if the option file syntax is correct.  Your FlexLM logs should tell you if it is having a problem reading the option file.

And the option file is not "auto-created".  It must be created and edited by hand.  Essentially it modifies the default license server behaviour to do a variety of things.

Thanks,
Ken

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

What version of Solid Edge do you use?

The reason why I'm asking this:

Prior to ST4 (ST3 & earlier) the vendor was sedemon.exe and after this had been changed to SELMD.exe. This is the reason why you have two .opt files. If your company has only ST4 or newer than you can delete sedemon.opt file and its path from SElicense.dat.

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We're running 107.00.10.02 x64 

The situation is reversed, there are the two listed .exe files, and only sedemon.opt