Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export 2D drawing to vector graphics

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello All

I need to solve issue with PDF files.

we use PDF as standard output format. But in some case our supplier use this PDF as input file. Silkscreen.

issue is that the details in PDF are blurred, raw.

Is there any other format suitable for silkscreen production?

4 REPLIES

Re: Export 2D drawing to vector graphics

Legend
Legend

Has your supplier been able to tell you what other formats they can use? I work with a local graphics/decal company, and they are fine using .dxf files, and prefer them over .pdf files.

Legend
Legend

Also, you might try changing settings in the Options, for .pdf export. Here you can change the print quality, and it might help clean things up.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

When you create PDF's pen weights are involved and the DPI of the PDF are involved.

for that kind of export, you may want to set all pen weights to minimum and DPI to maximum.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I'm surprised a graphics company is asking for PDF files.  Typically a graphics company will ask for .eps files as there is no loss of data and the files can be easily manipulated in any high end graphics suite i.e. not MS Paint.

Generating .eps files from Solid Edge (or any Windows application) is extremely easy.  SImply create a new printer using a PS driver and set the port to save to file.