Exporting the cut length of hoses to BOM in draft.

Hi Guys

So as the topic states, I want to export the cut lengths of the hoses we made into the BOM.

How would I go about doing this rather than opening each hose and writing down the length and typing everything?

Thanks a mil.

6 REPLIES

Re: Exporting the cut length of hoses to BOM in draft.

Creator
Creator

Were the hoses made by ExpressRoute? if so then there is a tube_length callout (can't remember the exact variable)

If not made in Expressroute and done by sweeping with dimensions, you can make a variable to add up all those dimensions and expose it.

Other ways would be like you said or make a Length variable, in the part, type in your length, and expose it.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Alternative make the hoses with frame design. It is part of Solid Edge Foundation without extra costs.

Then you will see the cut length in the BOM.

Unfortunately you will see the cut length only in the BOM within the Draft environment. For any reason it is not possible to get the cut length in the BOM when you are in the Assembly environment. Maybe some of the SIEMENS people can answer that why the BOM is limited in the Assembly.

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Stefan_Mitsch, what do you mean by "in the BOM when you are in the Assembly environment"?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Solution Partner Legend

@bshand: You can create a "Report" within the Assembly-Environment. There you can configure the BOM. But I miss the cut length option I have within the Draft environment.

ReportASM.jpg

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Stefan_Mitsch, You can format the report BOM to include a custom property like "Length".

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Solution Partner Legend

@bshand:Adding a custom property is no problem. But I want to use the automatic calculated length when I use the frame design and/or ExpresRoute. Because I want to avoid creating a file for each length of a beam or pipe.

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de