Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude one direction awkward

Creator
Creator

When using extrude sketch the command will not allow extrude to one side, very awkward and fiddly to get it to finish with a single side extrusion, is this a bug in SE ?

Using ST9 on Windows 7 Professional

5 REPLIES

Re: Extrude one direction awkward

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

You may show us an image or something related to these extrusion? or it happpens always?

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

In the Ordered mode, the extrude will work in one side by default and you can change this behavior from the Command Bar:

OrdExt.png 

In Synchronous mode, simply tap <SHIFT> to toggle between one-side and symmetric.

This is a basic command so cannot be a bug, are you able to see the Command Bar floating as shown in image above ?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The non-symmetric extent to the left of the symmetric extent is likely the problem.

That's a bush button and it's sticky. So it remembers what you did last.

The stickiness of buttons is usually a time saver but not in this case. IMHO.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Creator
Creator

Hello all and thanks for the replies, with regard to switching to non-symetrical extent within the command, I have tried this and the function still seems clunky and does not allow to finish on the single side extrude. I have tried changing views within the command to try and allow the single side extude to work which sometimes is OK, just seems cumbersome

Phenom
Phenom

@Anthony1 you're doing somthing wrong I think! 

The two buttons for symmetric and non-symmetric (but 2 sided) are a little confusing as you need to turn both of these off to get a single sided extrude - maybe that's where you're going wrong.

Try if one of these is highlighted, clicking it to turn it off, rather than picking the other one to switch between symmetric and non-symmetric.

If that doesn't work, put a video up of what you're doing.