ExtrudedProtrusion_1_FiniteDepth variable disapears when linking protusion with keypoints.

Builder
Builder

Hi community,

With any kind of protusion made in ordered come the ExtrudedProtrusion_1_FiniteDepth variable when you create a finite depth protusion. Then you expose this variable so to show it in your BOM.Logic.

But the moment you link the protusion to an aother component using key points, you lose this variable and no varaible is shwon for the lentgh of the protusion.

The way around that is to create a PMI and then use that variable.Wich you have to add for every standard parts created extrusions( channels, beams etc...)

Is there a hidden variable or option I don't know about?

Thanks.extrudedprotusion.jpg

ST9
Conveyor and industrial equipment designer.
Giving SE a chance.
3 REPLIES

Betreff: ExtrudedProtrusion_1_FiniteDepth variable disapears when linking protusion with keypoints.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Pedneault75

IMHO and AFAIK theer is no hiden functionb for that.

What I have done - especially for beams (profiles) - is, that I have put this PMI into the template together with the expose set to on.

Using such a template as sync making the end faces coplanar to others in the ASM will change this PMI automatically, together with angular dimesnions at the ends.

Another approach - I'm using - is to use my main dim macro which will expose this values too.

If the beam is orianed to the main axis YOu will not need to create dims anyway

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: ExtrudedProtrusion_1_FiniteDepth variable disapears when linking protusion with keypoints.

Builder
Builder
If I may, what is this main dim macro you are talking about? I have made a few vb programs my self,how does this one work?
Thanks @hawcad
ST9
Conveyor and industrial equipment designer.
Giving SE a chance.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Pedneault75

this macro will do following:

• either You have several dimensins or variables with defined names.
    These variables and dimensions will be expsoed and put into a single property (Main_Dimension)
    there are options for offsets to have raw diemnsins too.
  • If no dimensions and variables are defined or found, the macro is using the block (this mean x,y,z hexaeder arround themodel to obtain these main dims.
  • For PSM parts additional values are created like number of bends, length of cut, etc.

regards
Wolfgang