Solved! Go to solution

FAILURE TO COPY USING MOVE COMMAND & CTRL KEY

I used to be able to create a copy when using the MOVE command by holding down the CTRL key. That doesn’t work lately. If I use the left mouse key after selection to move, I do get a copy. I see the plus sign in latter case but not while using the MOVE command. I tested this on multiple files on different days.

Thanks,

Ron

7 REPLIES

Re: FAILURE TO COPY USING MOVE COMMAND & CTRL KEY

I just tested in ST8 MP2 and if I select an element with the Move command and the Copy option is not turned on, it turns on as soon as I push the CTRL key and the element is copied.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

[ Edited ]

I am on ST6 as well, so able to reproduce what Ken mentioned.

Why even start the Move command.

Keep Ctrl pressed and drag the object to copy, though I see keypoint movement may not be possible with this method, but a lot quicker.

~Tushar

yes, load MP2 and all will be fine...Smiley Happy

My initial reaction these responses was "What is MP2".  A little research made me realize that I didn't receive the email notification. 

In any case, I followed the download link to get MP2 that was contained within the 10/13 notification and got a popup for user name and password.  I filled in the required info using my free SE data.  I did so repeately and the popup kept poping up and not accepting my info.  The popup screen capture looks like this:

http://screencast.com/t/I0l3iTJ913

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ron

@ronlatour "I filled in the required info using my free SE data" What does that mean?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP6 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I was actually going to start a new thread labled (sync copy - issue).....then I saw this.

I am running ST7 and I am what you call (in-expierienced) with synchronous, but I would think it is possible to select a hole from the assembly level (not part level) create a copy to a desired location?????  TRUE or FALSE. Obviously you can move a hole from assembly level, and delete a hole from the assembly level.......CAN YOU SELECT A HOLE AND CREATE A COPY TO A NEW LOCATION?

If so, not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried holding the CTRL key to create the copy, and I have tried toggling on the MOVE - COPY button.

help.......

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author ronlatour
‎10-21-2015 07:01 PM

Ron,

For the sake of closure, I am also reposting my response on your other post about trying to download MP2 here as well:

The free 2D product does not include maintenance packs.

Therefore, if you are using the free 2D Drafting product you will not be able access the GTAC download area for maintenance packs.  This area is for maintenance paying customers.  

So this is why your account info cannot be validated the login screen for the downloads.

Thank you and regards,

-Dave