Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILLETS

Creator
Creator

WE ARE HAVING TROUBLE CREATING A FILLET AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ATTACHED PART.  WE HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM SO FAR IN THE PROCESS.  I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD OFFER SOME INSIGHT.  THANK YOU.

3 REPLIES

Re: FILLETS

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

I am at work, so not near a computer with Student Edition installed....are you able to post an image of your issue, or even save the file as a "Parasolid" and post that here.

Just a bit too hard to offer any further help, without seeing what is going on, sorry.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

OK, looking at this [at home now, elbowed in on my daughters computer Robot wink ] now....I think your selection process has created the issues.

First thing I did was go through and delete the fillets that left the ribs different to the opposite side that appeared to be OK.....the order in which you do fillets is quite important in some cases, as in your example. This is usually one area that many users would save for Ordered mode, rather than Synchronous mode.....not to say it can't be done, it just takes a little strategy.

I wasn't sure if you were on ST8, so I have posted an Parasolid file of my result.....it did take a little trickery to get the rib ends to be the same. [will upload the ST8 file also if you want it]

5.44 FILLET problem [SC-2].png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Creator
Creator

OK, Thank you.  I've attached a parasolid file.  We've created fillets throughout the part, we can't seem to place fillets at the base of the part.