FRAME ENVIRONMENT: Using Sketches to Define Tube paths.

WHEN WORKING OFF OF COMPUTER HARD DRIVE, SOLID EDGE LETS YOU USE A SKETCH TO GENERATE THE TUBE PATHS.

IT APPEARS THAT WHEN USING SOLID EDGE WITH TEAMCENTER,

SOLID EDGE DOES NOT LET YOU USE THE "SKETCH COMMAND: TO GENERATE TUBE FRAME MEMBERS. (THE SKETCH DISSAPPEARS). 

WE USE THE SOLID EDGE ST3.  (SEE THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT).

3 REPLIES

Re: FRAME ENVIRONMENT: Using Sketches to Define Tube paths.

There is nothing in the Teamcenter implementation that gets in at this level. I do notice that your background scheme is not the same for each. This leads me to believe that your TEMPLATES in Teamcenter are NOT THE SAME as your templates on the hard drive. 

Here is a little test you can do. Take the file from your hard drive where you CAN sketch and load it into Teamcenter. Then, try doing your sketch stuff again, using that same file out of TC. I bet this works. 

I think the problem is you have some old templates in your TC. So new files have some issue. 

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Yes, the templates are different between working off line, and in Teamcenter mode.

I will do that test, to see if it changes anything.

What did you mean by "There is nothing in the Teamcenter implementation that gets in at this level" ? Are you saying that frame files can not be released into Teamcenter?

What I am saying is that once you are in Solid Edge, it's pretty much like you are working local. Solid Edge doesn't know about TC except in very special locations -- like File Open, Pathfinder, that kind of thing. Frames has absolutely no knowledge whether you opened from TC or from local. So that is why I strongly suspect what is different must be the file itself (template in this case).

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development