FROM INSIGHT TO TEAMCENTER

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello Everyone,

have someone ever migrated from Insight to Teamcenter? Including all data migration*

Thx!

6 REPLIES

Re: FROM INSIGHT TO TEAMCENTER

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Eduardo,

Back in 2007 when I was a customer, we were able to successfully dump our Insight data and import all of it into Teamcenter.  It does take some work and effort but is is certainly more than doable.  Under separate e-mail I will contact you directly so that I can connect you with the best Siemens PLM resources to discuss your migration needs with.

Thank you and regards,

-Dave 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Dave,

Can you please throw some light on Insight to TC data migration.DO we have to write custom tools or Do we have any OOTB utilities around to help. What are the things/points to keep in mind.

Regards

Rajeev

Hello Rajeev,

There are custom tools being developed by Siemens for this purpose. Please see the post below from August this year. You should log an IR as indicated.

Regards,

Theodore

Capture.JPG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Rajeev,

@TheodoreTurner's response pretty much covers it.  You should contact your local support channel at which time your channel can begin the process of engaging with you on your migrations plans and the options, tools, etc. available.

Regards,

-Dave 

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks @uk_dave and @TheodoreTurner.
We'll raise an IR or devleop the custom tool in house

Good morning @HERO,

I have being helping Siemens test their migration tools the last 3 months. There are quite a couple of tools and steps required to migrate data from SharePoint to Teamcenter. I would not recommend you developing your own tools.

P.S. Our official migration from SESP to Teamcenter is due to start the 15th of this month.

Regards,

Theodore