Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabric part feature/sketch call-out

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello all,

Please suggest me what is the good way of detailing and drawing fabric cover like Quonset shelter roof cover or fabric endwall in solid edge.

Generally I calculate cover and make a part file. Then annotate it in draft. The stitches, pockets etc are drawn manually in draft and then make manual call-out. Wich causes frequent errors when a draft file is reused. I want it to do in automated way.

A possible solution with my current method is: the cover part file have different sketch/feature with different names. If the sketch can be marked with call-out property text then it'll work for me. Or if the extrusion/cutouts feature can be renamed and marked with call-out property text in draft file, it will work also.

Please suggest me.

Hello @Tushar, please check the post.
Hello @hawcad, it will be great if you can suggest me.

Regards,
Aslam
8 REPLIES

Betreff: Fabric part feature/sketch call-out

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @aslam

do You have pictures, videos or even an example file for sharing it here?

It would make it easier to understand Your requests and find - if possible - appropriate solutions.

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @aslam

first ideas regarding Your request would be something like a partcopy into an ordered part or a multibody solution.

But as aleady mentioned, an example would help a lot.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you @hawcad for your quick reply. I will try to upload photos of a simple example and will mark my issues there.

However, do you think solid edge have fabric detailing capabilities? Or do you have any other software suggestion which is compatible with solid edge file type?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello @hawcad,

Thank you for your suggestions. I think multi body can be a solution. Can you please give me a web link about multi body annotations? Where call-out to mark multi body is explained. Then I can try it first and let you know how it goes.

Regards,
Aslam.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

@aslam

Are you looking to create a callout that pulls a feature name or a sketch name from the part ?

Regards,

Tushar

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yes @Tushar, that's right. It will work for me.

Regards,
Aslam

Hi @aslam

before understanding Your request in fully detail I can answer that You can create a PMI callout in 3D already to take over into any draft.

But as said before, I have not got it in completeness, so it is hard to give any godd or proper answer.

Awaiting Your images, videos, example files

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @hawcad,

Please check the image below. 

I have made a simple cover as multibody part following your suggestion.

If I can make callout which can pull their part body names automatically with property text like the drawing, it will work for me. But I don't know how to do that.

The stitch line shows here is drawn in draft file. May be I can make a part body at back of cover main part and show as hidden lines in drawing. 

Please suggest.

Regards,

Aslam

TEST COVER.jpg